Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Web Wednesday

So...yesterday I promised to share some of my favorite websites.  Without further ado, here I go.
Do you LOVE to read?
Do you HATE big bookstore prices?
Do you want to read books for...FREE?
Do I have your attention yet? Here's how it works:

1) Go to www.paperbackswap.com 
2) Sign up (it's free!)
3) Post books by their ISBN number that you don't want anymore.  For your first 10 books that you post, you will receive 1 PBS Credit, which then you can use to order a book of your choice.

"What's the catch - it sounds too good to be true." You say.

I say -
The only catch is this:  you pay for postage to send someone a book.  It runs about $2.60 with media mail at the post office.  BUT WAIT!  When you order a book from someone, THEY pay for postage!

Each book you order costs a credit, which you earn when you a) mail a book to someone or b) can buy on the site.  You can gift other members credits if you so desire.

So far, I've posted a ton of books, and I have mailed another ton of books.  I've saved over $80 and have received books not only for my personal reading pleasure, but for lessons and units  of study that I've done in my classroom as well.  Books that I can't find anywhere else or whose prices are sky-high on amazon.  You can set up wish lists so when books you want come available, they email you asking if you want it.  I just love, love, love this site.  I promise you will too, if you just give them a chance.

I love www.pintrest.com as well, but be forewarned: if you have never been, you better kiss your kids goodbye, tell your husband that dinner's on him for the next 50 years, and bring a drink.  YOU BE THERE FOREVER.  Much like the ampm slogan: there's just too much good stuff.  'nuf said.

www.mandatory.com - things that make you laugh like their weekly funny pictures from the web, the weekly best tweets lists, and best things that you must see.  I stay away from the best "babes in bikinis" section, but if you're a guy - that's the place for you.  I love the section called Top Shelf.  That's where the good stuff is.

As this post is getting a little long in the tooth (I think my kid grew a beard while I was writing this) I am going to close.

Tomorrow is Thursday Thoughts!  Check back to see what's trolling around the innermost thinkings of my mind.

Until then, I leave you with Edison and Bean.

Shauna'mar

No comments:

Post a Comment