Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

Finally Friday

Well, I made it.  To Friday I mean.  Yesterday I could have sworn that every single one of my students got together and decided to have a Red Bull for breakfast.  You can definitely tell that summer break is right around the corner.  We ALL need it: the teachers, the students, and the office staff.  Everybody! 22 more days.  The countdown is on.

So here is my take on Funny Friday - a joke.  One of my favorites!
"So what did the 0 say to the 8?"
"Nice belt."

Classic.

Here is another Funny, just right for today.  However, this one not only dates me, it also a true story.  A few years ago, when I taught 5th grade I had a student.  I'll call him X.  He was super-duper smart, yet had a hard time with kidding around - he took everything at face value.  Well, anywhoo, one day he comes up to me and asks for a rubber band, a piece of scotch tape, and a paper clip.  Here is the conversation because I can still remember it like it was yesterday.

Student X:  "Hey Mr.s Harris, can I have a rubber band, a piece of tape, and a paperclip?'
Me: "What are you up to MacQyver? You're not planning a prison break or anything are you?"
Student X: My name is X.  Who's MacQyver?"
Me (while rolling my eyes): The stuff is the drawer.  Oh Lord."
Student X: "Him - I know."

This is the same kid whom I told on advice from a friend that orange construction paper came from orange trees and because of the hurricanes and frost in Florida that year, we were having a shortage of orange construction paper in the classroom.  He went the rest of the day thinking there was going to be a world-wide halt to the orange construction paper industry.  In reality it was around Halloween and Thanksgiving.  There is not a scrap of orange paper to be found in an elementary school during that time of year.  Just like no red and pink during February or green during March or white during December.

Student X has given me with many more stories like these two - remind me to tell you about the time he got a zit on his arm and I told it was going to turn black and fall off.  Now that one is a classic.  No joke.

I get paid to mess with youngsters' minds.  This job is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment