Search This Blog

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Space...the Final Frontier

Can I just gush about much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new Star Trek movie?  To say the least, JJ Abrams can make as many of those as he wants, and I will watch every last one.  His next venture? To make the next installment of Star Wars.  Can I just say that I'm already in line, popcorn in hand?
Wow.  Just Wow.

Anywhooo...apart form wishing that I could join Starfleet, this is how I spent my afternoon.
That's right, making baby food. First a $50 trip to Whole Foods' organic produce section.  The vegetables' flavor is intense, but a little pricey (but then again, the stuff in jars is too)! So buy stuff in jars that have a lot of preservatives that I can't pronounce, or vegetables that only have sunshine, water, and love inside.  Hmmm, not much of a choice for me.  I'm not a baby, but I'd eat this stuff, it's that good.  Then, heading into the kitchen to spend some quality time with my cuisinart.

One Hour Later...
I now have an entire shelf of little containers of peas, sweet potatoes, carrots, applesauce, and pear sauce.  My little sweet pea himself has decided that after two weeks of eating solid food, he longer wants just milk.  He also want to feed himself, but he gets more on himself than in himself, so I put the kibosh on that until later.  He's not happy with that decision, but since no one died and left him in charge, he's got to live with it.

Last Day o'School Official Countdown:
9.5

Tomorrow is Monday Made It - I'll show you step by step how to turn a regular two-pocket folder into a Words Their Way envelope that holds all your word sort pieces for the week so they don't get lost.  All you need is a folder, little velcro fasteners, a pencil, and good pair of scissors!

Until then my crafty friends!
Shauna 

No comments:

Post a Comment