Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

18 Days and Counting...

So I have 18 more wake-ups before I get a sleep-in.  But how much "sleep-in" I'll get with a 5 month old mini-me in the house is left up to the fate of the gods.  I'm hoping that they will take pity upon my poor soul and give me, say an hour.  That makes it a 6 am wake up call.  I can live with that.

So this week we have been doing review: graphing, double-digit addition and subtraction - with AND without regrouping, nouns, verbs, and adjectives, 3-D shapes, and writing complete sentences.  It's amazing how much stuff we teach, only to realize they forget almost all of it.  Oh boy.  Well, in honor of their forgetfulness, I have created a new packet: math scrabble! Doing graphs is easy - but then we play basic math fact flash cards and half of them can't remember 10-8.  Help. (Due the fact that the word SCRABBLE is copyrighted, I can't call it that, so instead they have been aptly named....Print and Play Number Tiles!) Kinda boring name but oh well.  Maybe Milton Bradley will take pity on us poor teachers and relent.  I have no hope of that ever happening unless my plea comes in the form of a giant check, of course. Until I find a giant purse that can handle those Publisher's Clearing House checkbooks, and me actually getting my hands on one without having to go to directly to jail, boring name it is.  It won't be up until Friday evening, but here is a sneak peek - because I know how hard it is to wait for Christmas morning! Check it out!




Pretty cool, huh?  I am so excited to add these to my store on Friday.  Why Friday, you might ask? Well, long story short, I am waiting for a computer program that combines different types of files into 1 file for easier downloading.  Once I have that, it's a snap.  So Friday it is.  I am literally on the edge of my seat waiting for it to come!  Yay!  

I have been thinking that next year's theme is going to be "Superheroes"...so I just bought this little guy - how cute is he?  
Now I need to round out the set and get these two -  won't they make great table mascots?

I already have the Darth Tater one - I think he's kinda like a Superhero, only he's got issues.  If only they made one for Iron Man (did anyone else just LOVE that movie?) my table mascots would be extra-super!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment