Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tick Tock, Hula Hoop Clocks!

Hickory, dickory dock...we tell time on a hula-hoop clock!
What better way to have kids learn than to 1)make it a game and 2)make it a competition!

All you need for this little wonder is a hula hoop (I borrowed these from the PE teacher), index cards cut in half (the students had to write in the clock hours)  and minute/hour hands cut from construction paper.  Took about 5 minutes total to set up.  I found time flash cards that I made from a website (click here to get your set) and put them in a hat.  1 by 1, I pulled a time out, read it aloud and whichever team got it first on their clock was pronounced the winner.   Fun times.  (Pun intended.)




On another note, I have uploaded several new products on Teachers pay Teachers.  Check them out!  I have several more in development and am working hard to get them up and active.  Click on the links to take you right to them.
This is a super super fun mini-unit that requires eating in class!  My kids LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it!

Get yours here:   Green Eggs and Ham!



This center is super (I must love that word today) fun to play and easy to set up.  Do you like magnet paper? Love that stuff! Check this one out!

Get yours here: Money Magnets!



This one is not only free, but came about a necessity. I normally had students use a plain piece of writing paper to take their spelling test on.  Until...I caught a student try to pass off a homework paper (that I had already graded!) as their test.  SO, sadly to say I had to come up with a way that they couldn't cheat.  Kind of like the US Treasury Office making new kind of forgery-proof bills.

Get yours here: Spelling Test Stationary



Until tomorrow my friends,

Shauna




No comments:

Post a Comment