Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Shots, Dots, and Seeing Spots

Today I joined up on a linky party put together by Flying into First Grade.
Just click the link and it will take you right there.  Flyingintofirst.blogspot.com.
The theme this week is getting to know your fellow bloggers.  My problem is this: I'm so new at this thing that I don't have any blogging friends yet!  Hells bells I only have one follower (Yay Traci B!).  Oh well, I'll adapt and let you get to know me a little better.  How about that?
5 Things You Desperately Need To Know About Me But Didn't Know You Needed To Until Right This Very Minute:
1. I quilt.  I have a quilt started on my design wall in my office that has been there since we moved in 3 years ago.  I'm not sure if it will ever get done. 

2. I went to, and graduated from culinary school.  That job is not as glamorous as Food Network makes it out to be.  Fun, yes.  Tiring, yes.  Creative, yes. Willing to give up all my holidays so others' can take the night off cooking, no.  Sorry.  It just doesn't seem like Christmas Day if you are covered in burgundy-wine sauce and smell of trout.  

3.  I have two tattoos.  I want more.  But as I aspire to be a principal one day, I must curb my innermost desires to paint my flesh with dice, martinis, and mermaids and stick with something demure on my shoulders where they can be hidden.  Which means of course, that they are also hidden from my eyes as well.  What's the point of having them if you can't see them? No, really one is a hummingbird and the other is an eagle and a raven creating a heart.  No dice, martinis, or mermaids to show.  Darn it.

4. I really have no idea what I am doing. It's amazing I've lasted this long without anyone seeing through my rouse. Sometimes I feel like I'm a pet rock.  One day, someone out there will quickly realize that I am just a rock on a string. 

5. I have an unhealthy addiction to craft supplies: Sharpies, Crayola markers and crayons, and glitter glue. (Can you see my table?!?)
This folks, ain't even the tip of the iceberg!
I hate it when students use my scissors, glue, and markers and don't give them back.  I love to be crafty, and when I see my little lambs shove my sharp scissors into their desks or use them like chopsticks to pick up a pencil, it makes me a little mad.  When I see them break a pencil in half in order to test if the spinach they had for lunch is working, I want to tell them they must finish the rest of the day's work in crayon.  When they say they don't have in crayons, I reply it's because you broke all those last week when that spider bit you and you were testing your new-found spidey sense.  And gosh darn it, now you have to do your work in blood.  Gimme your finger. I reach for their hand as I grab those extra-sharp scissors.  They freak out and they promise never to break another pencil again.  So, after extracting the promise and not to mention their first-born (but only if they can guess my first name) I quietly hand them a  new pencil and ask them to finish quickly.

So there you have it.  5 things you now know about me.

Today, Bean got his 6 month shots.  Hardly any tears at all.  He's a strong little boy.  Until he meets some trampy lady, then he's gonna turn to mush.  Then I'm gonna need some shots - of tequila that is. 

Until tomorrow, 

Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment