Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

Oh Where, Oh Where Does the Weekend Go?

Busy, busy, busy.  That's what Bean keeps me.  Di d you know that it takes me 3x as long to do anything with him around than it did before? Oh my gosh!  Oh well.  That's life with the Bean.

Here's a short list of my weekend so far - Monday's not officially over yet, so who knows what will happen in the next few hours or so.

Friday - Made it to my new school for Staff Development Day.  I felt (and rightfully so I might add) like the new kid in school.  The shiny new toy so to speak.  One of the first activities we had to do was find someone you don't know very well (guess who was called on first by many people) and tell about your name.  Where did it come from, what did it mean, and so forth.  I got my room assignment, and learned that something I already do that the new school is just adapting.  So it could mean one of two things: 1) I can just get it done and not to worry about the training or 2) I will end up telling training everybody else how to do it.  I think I'll take Door Number Two, Drew.  Anywhoo...I think next year is going to be great.  I needed a change and this is it.

Saturday - Graham Cracker came over and the Hubbs and I went to see The Hangover Part III.  It was funny, and BONUS! I didn't see anyone's wiener in this one.  Score! I still have nightmares about the first two.  That and Mike Tyson singing.  Shivers.















Sunday - we went for b-fast at Graham Cracker's house and then the Hubbs and I went to see The Fast and the Furious 6.  Still can't believe that franchise has more sequels than Rocky.  Only 3 more to go and they will catch up to Star Wars.  Hey - maybe Vin Diesel's character Dominic Torreto with say to Paul Walker's character Brian, "Brian...I am your father.  And you wrecked my car, and my insurance went up, and now, well, you're grounded."  This particular scene will play out in Fast and the Furious part 56 coming in the summer of 2017.  Mark my words.

Sunday afternoon - picked up Graham Cracker and the Bean and headed to Henderson to look at tile for the bathroom and to hit up my favorite store.  What possibly could be in the bags?
I had a coupon.  I could not let it go to waste, now could I?
So here's my Memorial Day Loot:
Time and Measurement File Folder Games - excellent for small group work or when a few students are finished early
Addition and Subtraction Instant Learning Center - same reason as above. I plan on getting the whole set, but I'm gonna need more coupons for that!

Can Do! Money canister - for the child that needs either more work on, or earlier work on money.  
Mini-Bowling.  I actually got two of these and I gots plans, baby.  PLANS! Coming soon. (Yes, I know, I said "gots")

Monday - The Hubbs worked on said bathroom by removing the old tile and backer board, and then wrapping the whole thing in plastic wrap.  I made more baby food and cleaned the house.  Really fun.

Well, that's it for my weekend of fun.  What about yours?  Leave a comment below!
Be sure to check back next week - I'll start a new week of Tips, Tricks, and Treats!

Days Left of School:
7 1/2 
(but who's counting?)

Always, 
Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment