Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tuesday Tip

I have a follower!  Yay! Thanks Traci B. for being my very first follower.  Check your inbox my friend for a special surprise from Edison and Bean.  We hope you enjoy it!

Here is a tip for your Tuesday:  Zip-Up Pencil pockets from the Dollar Store make GREAT game storage.

I have mine set up on the wall for students who get done early and don't want to sit and read or play with a partner.  These are so handy!  I found the games at serenadetosecondgrade.blogspot.com
and you can find your copies here.  Just click on the hyperlink.  I downloaded them and put everything together for each game inside a pencil pocket.  When the student is ready, they just come and grab the one they want to play and take it to their seat.

This one is actually in my office, because in 10 days I'm moving schools and in my room everything is already down off the walls and packed in big giant plastic tubs.  But you can get the picture of how you could set it up.  I've also got some of the math games from the same site in a basket on the floor as well.   These pencil pockets are very versatile!  Here are a few more ways you can use them in your classroom:

  • deck of cards for each group
  • counters for math 
  • word work storage
  • decks of memory that you have made
  • tardy slips that go to the office every day
  • classroom money storage for students

The list can indeed go on!

Well tomorrow my little Bean get s his 6-month shots.  Dad doesn't do shots, so it's up to me to take him to the doctor.  Poor little fella.  Here's the latest picture of both Edison and Bean.


Tomorrow's Post:  Shots, Dots, and Seeing Spots
Until,
Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment