Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2013

There Are Not Enough Oreos In The World

What a day.  Can I just say I need a tall glass of milk and about a trillion oreos?  Today a student screamed at the top of his lungs "This School Sucks!" as I told him to leave due to disrupting behavior by making and throwing paper airplanes in class.  Good thing that tomorrow is Staff Development Day and they stay home.

Speaking of tomorrow, I officially meet my new co-workers at my new school.  I am terribly excited for this new chapter in my life and I look forward to meeting the challenge.  I'll still be in second grade, just new surroundings and new faces to get to know.  I think it's going to be great.  I'll tell all about it tomorrow.

Today though my thoughts and prayers go out to all the people in Moore, Oklahoma.  Especially those two elementary schools that took a direct hit from a E5 tornado.  Are you like me and wish there was something you could do?  Well, check this out from Teacher's Notebook:


for just a donation of $20, $25, $50, or $100 you can access over $2,100.00 (yes, that's right - over $2K worth of products!) So far, the total money raised is over $30,000! I've said it before and I'll say it again - teachers are some of the most kind-hearted and generous people in the world-  and I ma honored to call myself a teacher.   All the money goes to help those in need.  What better way to help - give a little, get a lot!  Click on the link to check it out.  

I got a surprise in the mail yesterday.  My table mascots came!  Aren't they just adorable?  I am a little bummed that they are not "real" potato heads - just licensed products made to look like potato heads, but i think they will do the job nicely.  Spider Spud is the real deal though! (And only $9.98 at Walmart!) I was thinking that each table group has a mascot and they earn "parts" when they get caught doing things right: cleaning up fast, quietly listening, and following directions, etc.  The first table group to fully assemble their mascot wins lunch with the teacher, or extra computer time, or something.  I know the kids will be excited to try to build their mascot quickly.  What do you think?  Leave me comment below!

SuperSpud, BatSpud, and Spidey Spud - fighting crime in a classroom near you!


Until tomorrow folks...I'm off to Teacher's Notebook to check out those products!  See you there!
Shauna



No comments:

Post a Comment