Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2013

Time Flies...

Bean has a tooth.
My baby boy is growing up fast - I mean according to the doctor, he already is the size of a 9 month old and on the 17th of this month, he just turns 6 months old! Where on Earth does the time go?

Speaking of time...the school year has 16 more days until summer reigns supreme and the kids are all a buzz about how fast the year went.  I wholeheartedly agree.

Today we worked on time.  Kinda set the mood for this post, if I say so myself!  I had worksheets to practice on and little clock s for them to move around and I hear one kid say to me, "Mrs. Harris I'm not good at time."  I replied, "Well that's great, 'cuz  I thought of you when I planned today!" He smiled his crooked grin, skipped away, and was happy thinking I planned today just for him.  I'll let him live in his happy place for awhile.  Tomorrow, I am thinking of doing that idea I saw on Pintrest where you use a hula hoop with index cards with numbers on them and giant cut-out cardboard hands to tell the time.  It'll get the kids up and moving around and having to work as a TEAM - which by now they all need a short reminder of what that is.  Anchor chart on that topic promo coming tomorrow.  I'll report back here tomorrow to tell of the "time" we told the time!

Hurry - there's still time to enter my first giveaway!  See Saturday's post on how to enter if you haven't done so yet.  I'mm looking forward to see who the lucky winner is!  I'm busy putting the finishing touches on three more units/crafts and they will be up in my store soon.  (The 3 Little Pigs, Dr. Suess' Green Eggs and Ham, and Contractions).

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.  I know I'll remember this one the best as it was my first.

Until tomorrow,

Shauna


No comments:

Post a Comment