Search This Blog

Friday, August 8, 2014

Pass the Popcorn Please!


So this post really has almost no school-related content with the exception of I picked up my keys today and peeked into my room. Depressing. More on that next week. And I bought a new lunch kit from Costco.  $13.99 for three kits: while at Target you can buy one for $8.99 with a $1.50 off coupon. I love Costco. And their polish dogs, but that's an entirely different post. 


Moving right along: last night I caught an exceptionally good movie. 
Now, long before I decided to teach for a living I entertained the idea of cooking for a paycheck . I went to culinary school. I spent seven, yes seven, years working my way around several kitchens and even a bakery here and there before deciding that maybe, maybe I should do something else with my life. However, just because I gave up that life for this one doesn't mean that I hate to cook. Just the opposite, in fact. I bake regularly. I take those treats to the teachers lounge because I don't need all that stuff at home, but I don't want to just toss it out either. So, everybody gets to indulge.

Anywhoo, I loved this film. I know what the critics said. But I am not a paid critic . I am a person who loves the movies with my jumbo sized popcorn and cherry coke. This film was terrific. If you want a feel-good, make you hungry, wanna root for the underdog type of movie, then by all means but your ticket now. It reminded me of "Bride & Prejudice" a Bollywood adaptation of Jane Auten's classic. Can anyone say Martin Henderson-yum? Which by the way now I have to watch AGAIN tonight just because. 
Anywhoo, to say I loved The 100 Foot Journey is to be an understatement. See it! With a jumbo sized popcorn and a large cherry coke. 

If you have seen it as well, leave a comment below! 

Shauna 

No comments:

Post a Comment