Search This Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2014

It's A Wrap!

The first week is over.  I've met my students, passed out endless notes from the office to parents, and even had a spelling test.  Whew!

In all, it wasn't so bad.  I mean we all have expectations that sometimes go just like we planned and other times they run off the track even before the engine starts up.  For me, I'd say it was a 60/40 split.  Certain things that I am used to are no longer there, and other things like having last hour prep is a blessing.  I still think that this year is going to be fun, but I have to have a disclaimer thrown in.  With 27 students in a room designed for 16-18 is a little tight.  Centers will have to be re-thought and however much I hate keeping students in their seats all day it is proving to be a must.  Thank heaven for GoNoodle.com!  Brain Breaks are a must!  If you don't know what GoNoddle is, you need to check it out posthaste!  (Hmmm three exclamation points in a row.  Note to self: you sound like a overexcited teenage girl at a One Direction concert.  TONE IT DOWN.)

What else happened this first week of school?  Birthday cupcakes, math assessment test 1&2, QSI assessment, 1minute reading fluency assessment, and a child who thinks mulling, whining, and talking back is sexy.  I told it wasn't and ignored him.. He'll learn.  (I hope.)

So…back in July I had to buy a new printer.  The old one just gave out.  No surprise.  Anywhoo… I took myself off down to Fry's Electronics SuperStore and talked to a salesman and told him what I needed.
*Low cost.  I'm a teacher, not friggin' Bill Gates.
*Low cost to replaced ink.  Once again, Warren Buffett I am not.
*Be able to print pictures as well as lesson plans.
I ended up buying an Epson WorkForce 3540 and for the most part I'm happy.  Yet, I sense a "but" in there.  There is.  I seem to run out of ink at an incredible speed.  Printing a t work is not a viable option because they are as reliable as Lindsey Lohan.  One day they are on top of everything you send them, and the next, they are spitting out printing jobs from two years ago by teachers who have since died.
I love my job. Sometimes.

Well, Bean is hungry, I am tired, and now I have to go to Target for more ink.  Crap.  Hope your first week went great and here's to your second week going even better.

Until I return (with more ink),

Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment