Search This Blog

Monday, July 1, 2013

Shout Outs and Singled Out

Shout Out:
So this morning I open my inbox and what do I have...a reply from a bloggy friend by the name of Hannah Martin.  I was perusing her Teachers pay Teachers store when one of her products caught my wandering eye - her Superhero Classroom Bundle.  It is packed with all kinds of stuff: name badges, certificates, number line, calendar numbers, you name it for the decor of a room, it's in there.  My problem was that I have other plans for my room and I didn't "need" all the other razzmatazz goodies that were in her packet, for I only was interested in her word wall letters.  After sending her a message, lo and behold, she sent them to me!  Wow!  So this weeks' Shout Out goes to Hannah Martin.  You can check out her store and all her superhero goodies by clicking on the link here. Thanks again Hannah!  They are sure to brighten up my word wall!

Singled Out:
Yesterday I posted three Monday Made It activities that I had been able to finish up.  However, one let me know that I had inadvertently forgotten to mention it.  So, this weeks' Singled Out project is the DYI Four Pocket Folder.  Take a look.


This is what you need if you attempt to tackle this project on your own:

  • 2-pocket folders WITH brads
  • 2-pocket folders WITHOUT brads (buy enough of these two types of folders so each student has one.)
  • 1 hand-hald 1-Hole punch
  • pencil
  • 30 minutes
As you can see I obtained my folders from the Dollar Tree.  The folders WITH brads were 2 for $1 and the folders WITHOUT brads were 3 for $1.  


first mark where your holes will be compared to where the brads are

punch them out

fold inside out

insert onto brads, fasten, and viola! you're done!


It took me about 30 minutes to make 25 of them for around a total cost of about $12.50.  Really Good Stuff sells these babies for about $1.50 or more each.  Whose is the winner this time? Besides, these can come in neato colors and the kids can design them themselves.  

That's it for tonight.

Shauna













No comments:

Post a Comment