Search This Blog

Monday, July 8, 2013

Anchor's Aweigh!

After watching "Battleship" last night for theupteenth time, (can anyone say Alexander Skarsgard...yum?) I am hereby inspired to post about...Anchor Charts!  All of these I have found on Pintrest and I do not know where their origins lie, but to those who made these in the first place, here is your due.  Thanks for the inspiration to make my own!

In my experience, anchor charts are only as good as you use them - just by putting them up on the wall in the beginning of the year doesn't do anyone any good if you never refer back to them.  Anchor charts that you make with the children are the best - they remember the whens the whys and hows and the purpose of the chart whenever they look at it.  That being said, here are the anchor charts that I have made and use regularly over the course of a year.









The following anchor charts are the newest additions that I have recently completed.  I can't wait to put them in place for next year.  I think they will be a great addition to resources that the kids will refer to.  I really am in love with my Super Stamina one - just wait 'till you check it out!









So there you have it - anchor charts.  As I said in an earlier post, when I get the itch to color something, nothing will stop it short of a box of Crayola crayons and markers (that and hydrocortisone cream.)  I sit down with a picture of the inspirational piece, a pencil and a heavy duty eraser and freehand everything.  When I'm satisfied, then I get to color.  

Bean thinks it's boring.  This is what I found the other day while I was making the Super Stamina poster.

One day, he too, will love to color.  On the walls, on the table, on the doors, on papers that are important, on anything.  I will not get mad, because I was like that too.  And if I remember the curse correctly, my mother said I was going to have a child JUST LIKE ME, and she would sit back and laugh.  So, here's to coloring, hunky Navy commanders, children, and anchor charts that work. 

Happy Monday All!

Always, 
Shauna & Bean



1 comment:

  1. Hello Shauna, these anchor charts look great!! You've worked super hard on them! Adorable baby pic : )

    Kelli
    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete