Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2014

I've Been Robbed…in a good way


The commercial claims that they are "poopy little thieves."  It's totally true.  Kids are poopy little thieves.  They steal.  They steal your iced tea, the last spoonful of your ice cream, the last bite of that most delicious sandwich.  They steal your time.  They steal your heart.  And Bean is no exception.

So what?  That last bite of that sandwich would've gone straight to my hips, not to mention the ice cream too.  The iced tea? Well, I can make more.  The point is I'd rather play with him than do the stuff I'm supposed to do.  Stuff like mop the floor.  Take out the garbage.  Dust.  Bean is only going to be this little today.  Tomorrow he'll be bigger and older, and I only have today with him like he is.  So, poopy little thief? Yes.  I'll take him, poop and all.


It's because of this little cutie pie that I've been remiss in blogging since, gulp, March.  My goodness gracious, March?  At the end of the school year I decided to leave my present school to go to another school close by.  I'll miss the few friends I made and the students for sure, but I need a school that's a good fit for me.  My new school is about 10 minutes away from home, and I'm hoping that I have found a school that I can call home.

Along with my newfound school, this summer has been a journey for me as well.  i've been doing a lot of retrospective thinking about the way that I have run my classroom and the way that I have taught for the past few years.  Neither have I been truly happy with what I have learned.  So, I'm changing things around.  Enter Whole Brain Teaching.  Chris Biffle (google him and watch his amazing videos on youtube) has given me new insights as to what I want my classroom to sound like, look like, and be.  I really can't wait to give his ideas a try,  I will try my best to keep a detailed account of what my hopes are this coming year here at Edison and Bean.

I'll be back later this week with some exciting new things that I've found at the Dollar Store!  See yuou Monday!

Shauna





No comments:

Post a Comment