Search This Blog

Monday, July 21, 2014

Dollar Deals

Do you have a deep-seeded love for The Dollar Tree?  Can you walk into a Target and not check out the Dollar Spot every time you go?  If the answer to these two questions is "yes" then you and I are on the same track!  Check out my latest finds and how to use 'em!

Item No. 1: The "Facial Scrubber turned Individual Whiteboard Eraser"
At 3 to a pack, you can outfit a class of 24 students with their own whiteboard eraser for $6.  $6! No more kids rushing to use a tissue or my spending my nights cutting up old kitchen sink towels.


Item No. 2: The "Pre-made Coordinated Paper Cut Out sets"
Perfect for centers, games, or something I need in a jif.  Think contractions, compound words, math facts, nouns and verbs, antonyms, homonyms, synonyms, or pairs.  Endless possibilities, only $1!



Item No. 3: The "Kids Can Clean Up Their Own Mess at the End of the Day" Dustbin and Broom Set
Found at Target's Dollar spot, I bought one in blue, pink, and white.  The sheet of white paper behind it is for scale.  Small enough to use, big enough to do the job.  Kids will be climbing over each other to clean up now!

Item No. 4: The "Can't Tell It's Really Me" Superhero Mask set
Aslo from Target, these were actually $2 but you get two masks, so that's $1 apiece.  Last year, I took a first day picture of my students wearing a cape and mask (to go with the whole SuperHero theme) and made a bulletin board out of it.  This year, I'll just have different masks to choose from since I'm staying with the same theme for the classroom.

Items No. 5&6: Brightly Colored School Supplies
I didn't really NEED them, but I love the colors.  Who could resist?  Besides, I'm always looking for pushpins and rubber bands, so… at a buck apiece, they came home with me.

That's it for my shopping spree.  In all, I spent about $17 and got some cool new toys that are sure to please.

Tomorrow I'll blog about ways to escape the paper trap that all teachers fall into, myself included.  Should be fun.  Same Bat time, same Bat channel!  Hit the link for a special treat!

Shauna



No comments:

Post a Comment