Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2015

Well, That Went...Not Well At All


I had my hopes high.  I mean, You-Have-To-Be-A-Pole-Vaulter High.  I should have known better.  But still, I had high hopes.  Bean.  Minions.  Popcorn.  Cherry Coke.  Reclining seats.  Disaster.  I tried.  Oh how I tried, to settle him down.  But alas, it was all in vain.  We had to leave 30 minutes into the film.  He's just not ready for movies.  (I question if he's really my kid...) I will have to wait until it reaches Redbox for me to enjoy the backstory of the Minions and Scarlett Overkill.  But we shall meet, they and I.  Oh we shall meet.  Mwah-ha-ha.  (Evil laughs just don't really come across if you must type them.)

I am starting to think about school once again and it its once again starting to give me the shivers.  Summer just is way too short  - especially when I'm having such a good time with my little Bean.  The first summer he was here, he did nothing.  Eat, sleep, poop, repeat.  He just played there like the small moocher that he was.  The second summer he was here, we had guests staying with us and it was just stressful.  Bean didn't like them so he let me know by fussing when ever they were around.  I didn't like them which I let myself know by fussing whenever they weren't around.  Now, this third summer - now this is fun-- He walks.  He babbles.  He lets me know when he's hungry by leading me to the fridge. We go to the $1 movies and he steals my snacks. He chases the dogs. He plays with his iPad or my phone, or his toys, and he just is really a joy to be around.  He's going to be already a great kid, but when he gets a little older it'll just be MORE.  I'm not what the fourth summer will be like, but it's going to be fun to find out.  

So...school.  So this is what I need to get done.  
  • welcome back letter
  • name tags
  • journal labels
  • first week lesson plans
I'm going simple this year.  I'm also downsizing.  If I haven't used materials, books, or other "stuff", I'm getting rid of them.  Tag sale, donation box, other teachers' -  I don't care.  I really am tired of looking at boxes of things that "are still good for something" and then never touching them again.  My teacher-hoarder days are quickly coming to an end.  Please be on the lookout in the end of September when I'll host a gigantic resource book giveaway.  


No comments:

Post a Comment