Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Made-It!

So today I had the distinct pleasure of doing some "reflective practices" which means in layman's terms, I got the day off to go watch other people teach.  I had a great time seeing how other teachers start a vocabulary lesson, a sight word lesson, and a writing lesson.  Great stuff.  There are some fab-u-lous teachers out there that have a great rapport with their students.  So, I want to thank those teachers that let me peek into their world today. More to come on what I saw in a later post.  Can't have all the good stuff at once, it'll spoil your appetite!

On the lighter side of things - the weather here has been fantastic!  We tried out the pool this weekend and can I say it was just a slice of wonderful?  I can't wait for summer and putting Bean in the water for the first time.  I personally think he is going to LOVE it!  I mean, he's already got his sunglasses, his sun hat, and can I say, can he look ANY CUTER?
Alejandro and Bean just chillin'.  What a bunch of cuties!

MONDAY MADE-IT!
I would like to try my hand at the weekly hints that I've seen on other blog sites, so here goes for a Made-It Monday tip.

FRY'S SIGHT WORD FRIES!!!
Directions:


Start out with jumbo craft sticks.  These I found at Walmart for about $5 in the craft section. 










 Paint them yellow.  (My art teacher at school was kind enough to make this a class paint project, so actually the kids' painted them!  I just gave her the sticks!)
Write a sight word on each one of them.

 My local McDonald's gave a few unused fry containers - all I had to do was ask!









Play the game!  Have students sit in a circle.  All the fries are in the middle aka "the fryer".  A student picks a fry, reads the word and if they read it correctly, they put it in their "fry" container.  If, they don't, it goes back in the fryer until it's "done."  The student at the end of the game (set amount of time) with the most "fries" wins!


Have fun with YOUR Monday Made-It and good luck!  Leave me a comment on how your class uses these! I would love to hear from you!
Stay tuned for a  Terrific Tuesday Tip on getting student's attention.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment